Sunday, March 25, 2012

When to Dive?

It took me awhile to figure out a little trick for Gulf of Mexico diving. I would always just drive by the beach and look to see when the waves were manageable and hope that there was good visibility. However a new trick I wish someone would have taught me earlier and I am now sharing with you is: www.swellinfo.com this amazing website allows you to drill down to the Venice area and gives you the forecast for winds/swells as the title probably gave away. You aim for "GREEN" condition days, and preferably several of them in a row with no interruption of green. You will understand what I mean when you visit this site and take a look at the forecast. This allows the water to settle and I have found my best viz by following this rule of thumb.

No comments:

Post a Comment